June, where did you go?

08:00

Honestly, what happened to June? One second I was spending the weekend in the lake district running a marathon, the next it's July and I'm starting my Berlin training plan. So what have I been up to?


  • I ran the marathon in Coniston. It was a really great weekend, even if the marathon was a struggle because of the heat. I had a lot of fun catching up with my friends and even though running the marathon was probably the hardest thing I've done I'd do it all over again. Although slightly cooler weather would be preferred!
  • I landed myself a weekend job to help with the impending end-of-funding-still-need-to-write-my-thesis-ahhhhh status that's about to happen. It feels like I'm 16 again, but I'm enjoying it although I really need to work on organising my time better.
  • While running took a bit of a backseat in June, I've been enjoying my cycling training for RideLondon 46 and a shiny new road bike may have snuck it's way into my life...
  • A lot has been going on with my PhD. I gave my final year presentation and won a prize for my talk which meant I got put forward to competing for 'Best PhD Student'. It was a surprise and preparing for the second presentation was stressful but it's shown me that maybe I'm not so bad at public speaking and know more than I thought I did about my subject. Which leads me onto...
  • There's been a lot of eating and quite a bit of drinking this month. It feels like if I haven't been indulging because I've been stressed, then I've been doing it to celebrate. Hello food baby and salad cravings.
To be honest it's been kind of nice to have a month where training didn't matter so much. I'm feeling excited about RideLondon, training for Berlin and I've even got my thesis writing mojo in check at the moment. The next 12 weeks are going to require some serious organisation, discipline and balance but mentally I'm in a good place to tackle it and at the end of the day it's all just about having fun. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments